Thursday, September 30, 2010

Naselle player post - Last week is over

Last friday we lost what many would consider the biggest game of our regular season. In a lot of ways they were right. And as much as I wish I could say that we won and worked out all of the problems that we've had all year,  I can't.
We lost 14-6 to South Bend and now they have almost a clear shot to the league championship. The only team left to likely get in their way is Valley, who they already beat 24-0 in a non-league game earlier this season. Even if Valley does beat them and we win the rest of our games, both of us will be 5-1 in league and they will win the championship for having the tie-breaker over us.
There isn't avery good chance for us to win the league championship outright. But Naselle Comet teams in the past have had a lot of success without winning the league championship. The 2008 team is probably the best example. I have absolute confidence that we can turn everything around and play Comet football again. We already are on the right path. We turned the ball over once last Friday. Admittedly that gave them the first score of the night right before halftime and definitely was pivotal in the outcome, but one turnover is much better than the five per game we were averaging in the first three weeks.
The bottom line is while this loss was huge and hard to deal with, we have to deal with it. I'm doing my best to recognize what I did wrong and improve in those areas. We all need to be better as a team and the only way to do that is to deal with our own problems and help each other get better. If we can do that then i don't think there's a team out there we can't beat. I have my teammates' backs and they have my support 100%. I hope they can say the same to me.

Comet DE/RT Ryley Queener #71

No comments: