Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Naselle player post - This IS the turning point..

Friday September 17th was the day that I truly realized that we haven't been playing the way we all know how to play. It was a day that I'd like to forget, but need to remember. I need to remember my missed blocking assignments, my terrible backer stance, and the score. It was a win but it's nothing that I'm proud of. Many people may be looking at the things we did wrong in that game but we also did many things right.

1. We held them to one score.
2. We had younger guys step up and play at the varsity level. (Quite well I might add.)
3. We refused to give up on a play and we were rewarded a turnover for it.
4. We delivered when it mattered most.
5. We beat them in the trenches.
6. We battled to the very end.
7. Our backs started running with authority in the second half.
8. We won 20-7.

Those are just a few of the many things we did right on Friday September 17th. This next Friday night (September 24th) we play the league favorites. The South Bend Indians. I am beyond excited for the 24th. That night is when the Naselle Comets begin the turning point for the remainder of the season and take another step closer to the state championship. We are going to play how we were taught to play and that's that.

Trevin Leeland #57 MLB/LT

No comments: